Meeting Minutes for June 21, 2023
- Faithful Navigator Caleb Strittmatter opened the meeting at 5:58pm in the Saint Therese Parish Hall, 209 S. Lumina Ave, Wrightsville Beach, NC. There were 24 Sir Knights with ID cards and rosaries in attendance.
Call of Officers
||SK Caleb Strittmatter
||Rev SK Greg Spencer
||SK Frank Bio
||SK Larry Greer
||SK Greg Decker
||SK Frank Weisgerber
||SK Bobby Philips
||SK Mike Krawczyk
||SK Joseph Damitz
||SK Gary Wool
|1st Year Trustee
||SK Charlie Backes
|2nd Year Trustee
||SK Dennis Kelleher
|3rd Year Trustee
||SK George Plarre
- Meeting’s opening prayer was led by the Faithful Navigator, Caleb Strittmatter.
Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- The Opening Ode, first verse of America the Beautiful, was sung.
Call for the Approval of the Minutes of the Prior Meeting
- A call was made for changes or amendments to the May 2023 meeting minutes. No changes or amendments were offered and a motion was made to accept the minutes as recorded on the Assembly website; the motion was seconded and passed by unanimous vote.
Report of the Faithful Friar
Report of the Faithful Comptroller
Report of the Faithful Purser
Report of Committees
Membership Report/ Reading of Applications/ Balloting
Color Guard Report
Scholarship for Future Saints
Fraternal Social Report
- The Faithful Navigator requested a vote on three items: election of SK Tom Sullivan as Faithful Scribe and SK Greg Peters as Faithful Pilot; a donation of $500 to assist the Fr. Thomas F. Price Assembly 3952 in starting up; and the procurement of two swords to next year's budget totaling about $600 to be possessed by the Assembly and issued out for ceremonial use. All three were approved by the Assembly.
- The Faithful Navigator also made three presentations:
- Naming SK Joe Damitz the Heart and Soul of Bocce and presenting him with an inscribed beer glass recognizing his unwavering support of the Bocce competition throughout the year.
- Naming SK Tim Ludgate the Patriotic Man of the Year for activities such as cemetery flag placement, national cemetery wreath placement, Honor Flight, leadership in multiple veterans organizations, and Ashley House quarterly social initiative. SK Tim was not in attendance to receive the award.
- Naming SK Greg Decker as Administrative Man of the Year for getting us off paper financial system managing vouchers and receipts, but most important getting new website up and operational providing a real marketing resource with photos, minutes, news, and easy access for our membership.
- Assembly 2017 will now conduct its monthly meetings on the third TUESDAY of every month (no longer on Wednesdays).
Report of Third Degree Councils
Brothers in Need
Good of the Order
- Next meeting will be at 7pm on Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at St. Mark Parish Hall.
- Meeting adjourned at 6:11pm so all could enjoy the catered social.
Minutes submitted by SK Tom Sullivan, Faithful Scribe